Day 37: Wed 1 Jun - Yeppoon
14 – 24°. A slightly cooler morning with light winds which became stronger throughout the day, but eased again by late afternoon. It was another glorious day on the Capricorn Coast. Unfortunately, I don't think the boys appreciated me sending photos of the beach while their max temp at home in Canberra was only 7deg, and the surrounding mountains were covered in snow....oh well. My morning walk to the beach is always a must when in Yeppoon, and this morning didn't disappoint. Unfortunately it was a bit rushed as I had to be in Rockhampton by 9.00am to have ARB adjust my faulty canopy window latches. They did adjust them, but when we returned to Yeppoon, Noeleene discovered one side window had opened again while driving - so back to Rockhampton I go again tomorrow morning for another (and hopefully 'better') adjustment. Today I also spent time on the phone arranging the replacement of our Caravan Reverse Camera which is still under warranty. The one fitted to the van has a buildup of moisture from recent rain which i can't remove. It appears Safety Dave will come to the party, and I've arranged for a replacement to be sent to Greg's friend in Yungaburra on the Tablelands to collect and hopefully install on our way through in a few weeks. Apparently it's easy to install, but I'll be the judge of that.
After lunch, it was on the bike for a very short ride to visit my Uncle for a couple of hours. He was complaining about a sore neck, so he scored a massage out of me as well. He assures me it made a difference - hopefully for the better. After my visit, I rode back into town to the beach where I met Noeleene, and we walked back to the van. Before we knew it, another day had come to an end - this one leaving me a little more tired than usual.
 |
| A magnificent morning on Yeppoon Beach |
The "Spirit Stone" monument commemorating the Centenary of Federation of the Australian Colonies in 1901 on Yeppoon foreshore
 |
| The "Spirit Stone" monument |
 |
| Love this beach |
 |
| Yeppoon Beach |
 |
| Time with Uncle. |
Great pics. Great photo of you & uncle.
ReplyDelete