Day 39: Fri 3 Jun - Yeppoon
15 – 24°. A mostly sunny day with a fresh NE breeze. Another morning walk to the beach and along the main street before breakfast to the start the day. Trying to make the most of my limited time in Yeppoon, I visited Uncle twice today - once in the morning and again mid afternoon for a little more than an hour each time. He is clearly enjoying the company - I just wish I had more time with him. Noeleene and I met up for a late morning tea at Baked on 44 French Bakery and Deli in the main street - it's a bit pricey, but oh very nicey. From there, Noeleene went on to exchange some clothes that she bought for Uncle yesterday (larger sizes needed), while I returned to the van to fill the water tanks and carry out a few other chores. Afterwards we visited some nearby family, before we returned to the van to await Greg and Wendy's arrival at about 3 pm. A catchup and sunset drink at 5 was followed by dinner and another quiet night at 'home' ending another day that seemed to go way too fast.
 |
| Morning walk - Barry Street stairs (opposite where my Nana once lived), decorated with phrases in the local Darumbal language with their pronunciation and english translation |
 |
| Yeppoon beach which is 1.5km long, looking towards the adjoining Farnborough beach which is a massive 17km long. |
 |
| Yeppoon beach looking up to the bluff |
 |
| Yeppoon Life Saving Club |
 |
| Main Street |
 |
| Main Street |
 |
| Then there were two again - Greg and Wendy parked next door |
 |
| A beautiful backdrop to our catchup and sunset drink |
Comments
Post a Comment